Authorizations / Referrals
Electronically manage referrals, number of visits, pre-authorizations and insurance verification including electronic alerts upon expiration.
Create and use billing macros to ensure proper, consistent coding practices for common visit types and procedures.
Images, Drawings and Photos
Patient education is typically handled by defining multimedia documents within the MedTeam system. These documents may include Microsoft Journal Notes, images, drawings, PDF documents, photographs, scanned images, audio, and video. Most of these are dynamically annotated with the participation of the patient, and printed to give them a copy for reference while being retained in MedTeam as part of the patient record.
MedTeam interfaces with the AMICAS PACS systems via HL-7 to generate radiology orders and resultsfor any type of modality interfaced to the PACS.
Define the content, order and sort of custom EMR flow sheets, containing EMR elements such as:
- Medications and Refills
- Imported Laboratory Results
- Test Results
- Exam Findings
- Stature for Age / Weight for Age
- Body Mass Index for Age
- Weight for Stature
- Blood Pressure
- Body Mass Index
History, Exam and Plan Templates
Use MedTeam’s Template Wizard to create new templates or customize hundreds of existing stock templates. Far from the average template, MedTeam’s µTemplate™ technology allows for the most flexible template editing and creation in the industry. Providers and staff have unprecedented control of the naming, content and behavior of their templates from the MedTeam EMR Template Wizard. In addition, for on-the-fly template changes, providers can launch the Wizard directly from a patient encounter with a single click.
From the Template Wizard, templates, or parts of templates called Widgets, are as easily cut, copied and pasted with the typical point and click actions to which Windows users are accustomed. Providers can easily view the templates of other providers, and then copy and edit them to suit their own needs.
Easily document physician exam findings such as:
- Examination of gait and station
- Inspection, percussion and/or palpation with notation of any misalignment, asymmetry, crepitation, defects, tenderness, masses or effusions
- Assessment of range of motion with notation of any pain (e.g., straight leg raising), crepitation or contracture
- Assessment of stability with notation of any dislocation (luxation), subluxation or laxity
- Assessment of muscle strength and tone (e.g., flaccid, cog wheel, spastic) with notation of any atrophy or abnormal movements
Interactive Forms and Letters
Convert your paper-based forms to digital forms that automatically populate with clinical, billing and demographic data, such as:
- Automated DWC (Formerly TWCC) Forms
- Dosing Schedules
- Return to Work Forms
- Referral Letters
- Results Letters
- Consultation Reports
- Admission Documents
The "patient centric" MedTeam Meds Tab makes prescribing and re-filling medications and other medication related modalities quick and easy. Its medication summary window, shaded to indicate prescription statuses at a glance, tracks medications prescribed by both internal and external providers. From the summary view, clear identification of the prescriber, medication ordering dates, start, modified, renewal and end dates are available at a glance.
Additional capabilities include:
- the ability to enter nonprescription medications, including over the counter and complementary medications such as vitamins, herbs and supplements
- the ability to exclude a medication from the current medication list (e.g., marked inactive, erroneous, completed, discontinued) and document reason for such action.
- a medication “Favorites” list storing common configuration choices for dose, route, dispense amount, refills, associated diagnoses, etc.
- the ability to print or e-fax the prescription or re-fill
- a Summary Tab display of current medications only, excluding prior medications to make current medications easier to identify
- the ability to enter free text medications when medications are not on the NDC medication list or information is insufficient to completely identify medication(s) prescribed by external providers
- the ability to quickly display the identity of the user and date of changes made to the medication list for the patient
Laboratory Ordering and Results Interface
Enter laboratory orders online in a few clicks using MedTeam’s bridge, copying all necessary requisition and demographic information to the vendor. Review imported test results and pathology images, and assign related tasks electronically, saving time, human resources, and mitigating risk from human error.